Episode 002: Expensive late night


       
       We're are attracted to gossips a lot, especially the Ladies. Reviews for Episode 001: I think she likes me started trooping in the next day via email. Questions like " Bro, why were you shy? Was she that beautiful? Where did you buy your tuxedo? Wow, so you have 6 packs after birth? '' 99% of the funny questions came from girls and I'm very sure they're reading this again to look for more questions. Some guys started talking like motivational speakers, love doctors, special advisers on relationships and so on. Like seriously! people like this really exist with all the chit chat crappy speeches, I couldn't help but laugh it off while writing other episodes.
       Boys life is a simple series of wild events. Wild events includes money talks, girls, achieving a feat, show offs, and some wild adventures once in a while to boost up morale. I have gone through many adventures, some cool, some crazy, others not to be heard anywhere, reasons best known to me. This time around, I was at a late night party, precisely an owambe party. It's a routine in the southern region in Western Africa to organise parties when the weekend sets in. After all the hustle and bustle from Monday to Friday, trust the Yoruba people in particular to have one special event for the weekend.
       I titled this post 'Expensive late night', yeah it was an expensive gathering with too many ingredients to it. This is an event every foodie would love, because the food was in abundance, never ending possibility of eating your brains out. I'll start with my favourite line: It all began on a Thursday afternoon. Tired and lazy, having a headache, lied down on my bed to rest for at least an hour for the body to heal itself. That's my super magical powers I guess, Healing. How I wish my powers made money to rain from the sky, it's all a superstitious hype. While trying to rest, I received an SMS from a party crasher friend, that he was inviting me to a Friday special party that starts by 7pm GMT African time. I wasn't in the mood to accept the invitation until I heard him say that the celebrities I have a crush on are the special guests. All of a sudden, the headache disappeared, laziness was no more, I was blushing already, that kind of mischief blushing. The next day being Friday, I realised that I wasn't having enough money for transport, called my friend to complain and within five minutes, I received a credit alert with the description "Transport fare, come early''. It was quite a sum, I ransacked my box, looking for my best party outfits, took my bath, perfumed all my body including my mouth, vanilla flavor.
        Exactly 7pm, I was at the venue. As a high class gangster, I bought my ticket at the entrance, walked in majestically like a boss. Met my friend at a round table that had 4 chairs, 2 ladies were already sitting with him with an empty vacant seat, which I was to fill up. We both wore the same outfits coincidentally, a Gucci shirt, Blue Jeans, cool black canvas shoes, with extra chains though I didn't wear those. As expected, the party commenced very late, 9:30pm, at that moment I knew it was a dusk till dawn celebration. A popular radio station was celebrating their 1 billion facebook followers, well known musicians were invited, celebrities were plenty, the fans were also there. They served an appetizer to everyone, pizza and champagne. It was my first time eating a hot pepperoni pizza, what a feeling! While people were busy mingling, I stood up looking so responsible, walked to where the celebrities were sitting to chat with just one at least, a bouncer blocked my way, I couldn't achieve my mission. Turning back, I ran into an On-Air personality, she shook my hand, gosh she was pretty. I kept standing like a statue
until the DJ shouted, it's time to dance ladies and gentlemen. This was the moment the fans where waiting for, to showcase their skills. I checked my time and it was 1 am already.
       Dance competitions were also in play, it was an intense atmosphere. While others were dancing I searched around and i saw some people eating Jollof rice, I was hungry, so I went to the cafeteria and it was a serve yourself style, I filled my plate with the best meat combination ever since we don't get this kind of opportunity always, went to my seat, sat down and started eating like I was in heaven. I made a terrible mistake of drinking an alcoholic drink while enjoying my food. I didn't see anything again, I kept staggering till I slept off. The drink was too hard on me. All I could see was a white light, woke up from the floor and found out that the party was over and I was the only person left there, checked my time and it was Saturday, 8 am in the morning. I picked up my things and headed straight home.
        After recounting all that happened the night before, although due to the alcoholic beverage, I wasn't able to see the end. I always dream about that party at night. Very strange yeah. What's that wild adventure you have encountered. Tell us below through the comments section 👇.
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean Up

Episode 001: I think she likes me

Episode 003: Soccer broken hearts